- Return of Mortal Remains when you're 100 miles or more away from your *legal residence
- Identification of a local, licensed funeral home, mortuary or direct disposition facility
- Preparation of the deceased for transport
- Close involvement with your originally selected receiving funeral home or mortuary to make sure your pre-arrangement wishes are fulfilled
- Transportation to return the deceased to the originally selected funeral home or mortuary
- All documents including customs documents or diplomatic issues involved anywhere in the world
- Rigorous management of all cases to ensure the highest quality of services
- Set procedures for the time of need so there will be no added stress due to any uncertainty about what to do
- Emergency message transmission
- Assist with the return of accompanying pets
- Access to bereavement counseling when traveling 100 miles or more away from legal residence
*Legal residence is defined as the place of residence of 180 or more days in the twelve months preceding the date of death. It will require verification through voter registration, driver's registration, and/or other means. A nursing home will be deemed the residence if the stay there has exceeded 180 days.
If Member enrollment of GTAP occurs while 100 miles away from the legal residence, return of remains benefit becomes effective upon the Member's return to the legal residence for subsequent travel.
Redirection of remains: In the event a member passes away more than 100 miles from their legal residence, under direction of Next of Kin, the member may be returned to any licensed funeral home within the United States or Canada.
Apply Online Now!
Complete your simple application form (any age can apply). Applications are available at your local participating funeral home (or apply here online).
Submit your one-time membership fee with the application. No other payment is ever needed.
Receive your Guaranteed Travel Assurance Plan™ membership card that identifies you as a member and you'll enjoy peace of mind anywhere you travel. . . 24-hours a day, 365 days a year!